CALL FOR EXAMINEES: Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Certification Levels 1 and 2 Examinations
CALL FOR EXAMINEES: Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Certification
Levels 1 and 2 Examinations
07 June 2008 (Saturday)
8:00AM to 12:00 noon
Lecture Hall, Department of Computer Science, University of the
Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
The ASEAN+3 Node of the International Open Source Network (IOSN) together with the University of the Philippines Manila-National Telehealth Center in cooperation with the Diliman Interactive Learning Center are holding examinations for LPIC-1 (101 and 102) and LPIC-2 (201 and 202).
The examinations will be given at the Lecture Hall, Department of Computer Science, University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines on Saturday, 07 June 2008, from 8:00AM to 12:00 noon.
The examinations are open to all interested individuals living in the Philippines and those coming from other countries. However, the organizers are not obliged to shoulder accommodations and transportation expenses that the examinees will incur during the scheduled examinations.
Please CLICK THE LINK BELOW for the ONLINE LPIC EXAM APPLICATION FORM.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER AND WHAT TO PREPARE FOR THE LPI EXAMINATIONS:
1. Register online at the LPI website for your LPI ID. Registration for LPI ID is free. Please click the link provided at the bottom of this page to register for your LPI ID. REMEMBER your LPI ID number.
2. Examinees need to bring the following on the exam day: (a) Valid ID with photo (passport, driver’s license, GSIS, SSS); (b) Pencils and an eraser.
3. Examinees are expected to arrive at the testing venue thirty minutes (30) before the scheduled time of the exams.
4. The exams will be conducted by an LPI-authorized proctor and all examinees will be subject to LPI guidelines and regulations on taking examinations.
5. Bringing and using of mobile phones and other communication and image capture devices are strictly prohibited inside the examination room.
6. The exams can be taken at no particular order as long as there will no overlap in the schedules. However, applicable LPIC Certification from LPI Canada will be earned only upon passing of BOTH exams under each certification level (LPIC-1 or LPIC-2).
7. Examinees will be notified with the results directly by LPI Canada approximately 30-45 calendar days after the date of the examinations. IOSN ASEAN+3, its affiliates and partners are NOT recipients of the exam results.
LPI EXAM INFORMATION:
Date of certification: 07 June 2008 (Saturday)
Venue: Lecture Hall, Department of Computer Science, University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
Length of each examination: 90 minutes
Time: LPI 101: 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM LPI 102: 10:00AM – 11:30 AM
LPI 201: 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM LPI 202: 10:00AM – 11:30 AM
Examination fees will be charged at a minimum to cover for materials and administrative costs.
EXAM FEE: Php 2,950.00
A NON-REFUNDABLE Reservation Fee of Php 1,000.00 for each exam is required. This amount will be deducted from the total cost per exam applied for.
Payment should be made ON or BEFORE 05 May 2008 (Monday) via WESTERN UNION addressed to:
MS. MYRA JILL SIASON
c/o RCPI, UP SHOPPING CENTER 34, UP CAMPUS DILIMAN
QUEZON CITY, METRO MANILA, 1100
Money transfer transaction charges are under the examinee’s own account.
Please e-mail to email@example.com the Western Union MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) to facilitate processing of your application.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail from IOSN ASEAN+3 upon receipt of payment.
ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH PAID RESERVATION FEES ON OR BEFORE 05 MAY 2008 WILL BE PROCESSED.
PLEASE APPLY EARLY.
You may also contact Ms. Myra Siason at landline 920-9556 or mobile 0906-472-7390 for further inquiries.
Thank you very much.
LPI EXAM APPLICATION FORM:
LPI ID NUMBER REGISTRATION PAGE: