Since I was a kid, I had always thought of myself as an Average girl, always getting remarks or comments like okay, so-so and pwede na.
I guess I had always accepted that as a fact and chose to believe it, that’s why an average work, output, task and grade had always been my goal, but not anymore, because I’m a changed woman you know.
I thought of reorganizing my life a few years ago, coz I got bored of being an average, I want to be extra special.. I want to feel different. Then I reassessed my ways of defining excellence… then happiness…. then success.
I know I have more to offer but kept on reserving my energy and time for fear of failure…but I also don’t want being idle coz I also fear depression(which always happens when I don’t feel productive), I know that it can sometimes cost one’s life and future, and so I opted to do tasks with moderated efforts exerted.
I have this poster with Excellence defined in different ways.. just to remind me that each day should be lived with Excellence.
- Excellence is not an act but a habit
- The excellence is in the details – G.L. Sullivan
- Whoever I am, or whatever I am doing, some kind of excellence is within my reach – Gardner
- It’s your life, your one and only life, so take excellence very personally – Scott Johnson
- Excellence is not a skill, it is an attitude – Ralph Marston
- Every act is a self portrait, so autograph your work with excellence
- Excellence is not a word, it is a way of life
Powered by ScribeFire.